Saturday, March 28, 2015

COUNTING DOWN


You might need your glasses to view this next item. 

It is very bright and coming from me....that is saying a lot.



I started this quilt while taking care of my mother.  I got as far as ironing the squares into triangles...and then quit.   

So.........while waiting for my #2 son to come in last night I put this fella together....had it sandwiched before going to bed.

Got it quilted while they were out fishing.



I think what I don't like about it is organization?  I like my colors more organized if that makes sense?  I used 2 charm packs....had a few left over.  Was thinking about making a quilt but I could see very quickly that if I was to do a quilt using this method that I would have to change my fabrics.

17 comments:

Barbara said...

Reading about you making this quilt comes at a good time. It's lovely, and you are SO fast! I spent a couple hours today and have very little to show for it. I just told myself that I'm slow, but good. LOL!

Scrappy quilter said...

Very pretty and bright.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love polka dots! Cute! :-)

QuiltShopGal said...

I have always loved the Cathedral Windows design. And I truly love the cheerful fabrics you made. Off to check out the video. Thank you.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Betsy said...

I think the colors are perfect, says spring

Terry said...

Oh I like that a lot! I just may have to try this one for myself! :0)

Mary Grace McNamara said...

I love the random mixed up colors, but I know what you mean about organizing them. If I were to do this and wanted the fabric really random, I would need someone else to lay them out for me because I would want to coordinate and make sure the placement was just right! Still, yours turned out so bright and cheerful with the blue border pulling all the inside happiness together perfectly!

MGM

paulette said...

AMAZING!!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I think your quilt is perfect, i love bright colors. Thanks for the video. I have to make this!

Gene Black said...

I really love it just the way you did it. But then I like bright and random.

Anonymous said...

It is so scrappy-happy. How can you not smile while working on something like that?!

Unknown said...

I love the colors and that looks like a difficult pattern to put together! I love the bright sweetness!

Lynn said...

I tried making one of those but I pulled back the two triangles and sewed them down before piecing the squares together. I didn't like it at all! This is a much better way of doing it. Thanks for the link to the video!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love it! And I love wearing sunglasses to look at quilts :)

KaHolly said...

It's very sweet. I personally like the random 'scrappiness' look, but I know not everyone does. I think it would be beautiful if made with more of a plan in mind. Thanks for sharing the video. Have a happy, quilty day!

Missy Shay said...

How pretty!

sandra said...

I love the bright colours and scrappiness of it.