Sunday, October 26, 2014

SEW SWEET SIMPLICITY BLOG HOP!!!!

The time has come!!!

The time is now!!!

Today is the day for Jacquelynne Steves Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM

You just need five colors, a background and then four others.

Here are mine.



I have been wanting to make something with the yellow daisy fabric for a long time now.

It was a chore to come up with the others but I am happy with my choices.


So here is my first block.

Directions were easy.

I chose to do applique instead of embroidery because well...that is just what I like to do.

Here is a list of the Hoppers

Snoodles ~ Lily Pad Quilting

Be sure to go by and check out their blocks.

If you haven't signed up for the BOM go here:  It is always fun to see what others are doing and it always amazes me the difference fabrics can make as well.

Have fun!!

16 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Cute block. Love your choice of fabrics!

Teresa in Music City said...

Barb, your block makes me long for Spring - and I have SEW LONG to wait before it comes around again!!!! Love your appliqued dragonfly :)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a fun block Barb! The daisy's are perfect. :-)

Needled Mom said...

That looks nice, Barb. I have enjoyed seeing the various blocks.

suemac said...

Such a cute block. Love the colors.

Missy Shay said...

Your block turned out great!

susie said...

Hi Barb, nice to meet you and everyone! I love blue & yellow together. The fabrics are great & I can't wait to see more. So fun! I'll be working on mine in the next few days. Hope to see you again;)
xxxsusie

KaHolly said...

Your fabric choices are beautiful and your block came out great!! I was busy with another project yesterday, but my block directions are sitting right out on the work counter, just waiting for me to start my day. I've been trying to decide how I want to applique my dragonfly. Yours looks great.

Snoodles said...

I love how different this block looks, in all of the different fabric choices! Great job!

Garden Path Quilts said...

This is Barb from Garden Path Quilts - fellow blog hopper! Your block is so cute! Isn't it fun to see how all of our fabrics make Jacquelynne's block look so unique? It's going to be neat to see how this all progresses over the next few months. Have fun!

SewCalGal said...

So beautiful. Lovely fabrics, gorgeous applique stitching. Inspirational design. Love, love, love it!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Kwilt Krazy said...

Oh I love your fabric choices beautiful!

KaHolly said...

Finished mine yesterday and am so pleased. I just grabbed the first fabrics of her color choice that I laid my hands on. My finished quilt will be completely scrappy. I was thinking today I might make it in a different colorway. Glad I popped back in and saw your block because it is close to what I was thinking. My idea is to make two of each block so I can try to get a twin size out of it. Have a wonderful day!!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Girlfriend that is one cheerful block....great job!

Smiles,
Kelly

Deonn said...

Oh, that is the sweetest block with the daisy print - I love it! And the blanket-stitch applique' is just adorable.

Carrie P. said...

very pretty. I just gone mine done yesterday.