Monday, August 18, 2014

QUILTED IN HONOR BY ISLAND BATIK - free pattern

If you read the post below, you will know that these gorgeous fabrics were delivered to me on Friday!!!

I say, OH MY STINKING GOSH!!!!


I just couldn't help myself, I had to use up these awesome fabrics....

 I got out my Latte Foam fabrics as well and added to the Quilted in Honor.  I didn't have enough Island Batik fabric for the border so I used another type of batik.

Can I say that I soooooooooooooooo love these fabrics!!!!

I wish you could see it up close and personal....truly do.  Now the whites are mixed colors but look solid.

There is only one square involved:

One sqaure 7 1/2" or you can make it larger if you want, I wish I had made mine larger like 9 1/2" square
One strip 2 1/2" by 7 1/2", sew to the square

One strip 2 1/2" by  9 1/2" sew across the top which makes a 9 1/2" square.

There are 35 squares, five across and seven down.  You just flip flop the squares.  I only had seven half yards but eight would be great giving you a larger quilt.

9 comments:

beaquilter said...

looking good, I got this bundle too to share now, just got them today though and I want to wash them first, and there's one blue that doesn't seem to match, not sure if I'll include it or not, we'll see what I come up with.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilt. Those fabrics are to die for! Thanks for the link and the directions.

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh my word those fabrics are beautiful

teachpany said...

Great use of these stunning batiks. They are awesome, and the pattern is great for a fast quilt. Thanks!

Jocelyn said...

Looks great Barb!

Needled Mom said...

Wow....I LOVE those colors, Barb and it looks like a quick quilt too.

Wacky Woman said...

Beautiful Barb! Love the colors.

Tangos Treasures said...

Look great!!

Carrie P. said...

so pretty.