Tuesday, August 28, 2012

WHAT WAS I THINKING?

IMG_1091
Today I am working on my “Dots to Dots” hop, you can click on the picture on the right and find out the info about it.

Then….I am working on the block I am designing for “Quilting Gallery”, once again check the side for
Block Party.

Then…..I am doing a book review for Ebony…..

and so…. I am saying to myself….

what was I thinking?

Other than that…not much is going on.

My friend JoAnna did come by Friday and spent the night.  We stayed up until one playing with my Go cutter (in fact, she ordered her one)…should I feel bad about that?

Then Saturday we went to Big Lots…she purchased all of their fabric….(once again…GUILTY)…..

Then we go to the nearest quilt store and she just went hog wild.  She told me as she was checking out that she was going to have to have a long talk with me about my influence on her.

I took some gulps…..several gulps…. beads were forming on my forehead…  of course, you know I am exaggerating…she did say that but I just laughed.  How was I to know that I was going to spark her desire to get back into sewing?  I am totally innocent!!

16 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes Dear, of course you are...

LOL...I have several irons in the fire too...sometimes I think I have gone bonkers.

Betsy said...

Inspiration is always a good thing plus she helped the economy.

Jocelyn said...

Ha! I have a friend that says the same thing ;-) Does your Big Lots have fabric?? Ours doesn't carry fabric but lots of yarn.

Teresa in Music City said...

Keeping yourself pretty busy there girlfriend :*) I have no idea how you get so much done!!!

Rhonda said...

What are friends for, anyway. LOL

SewCalGal said...

Hey, I think of you as one of the best Personal Shoppers for Quilters! You always find great deals and have an eye for beauty. I'm sure JoAnna enjoyed shopping and quilting with you. I know I would.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Joanne Lendaro said...

What a great friend you are....lol!! Don't forget to pickup the extra totes to start storing all of ths loot!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Barb, I would go shopping with you anytime! You have the best luck when it comes to finding fabrics! You friend loved every minute I am sure of it!

Wacky Woman said...

Hi Barb, how fun to share your passion with a good friend.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your friend and she has caught the quilting bug! I'm doing the Dots hop, Ebony's book review and a couple other things plus I just got a commissioned quilt...........too busy!

suemac said...

You are so funny. You got another person hooked. I had a co-worker do that to me. Now I am a fabric addict just like everyone else. What fun.

Snoodles said...

You enabler, you! LOL I have way too many irons in the fire, too! :) But it's all good -- it's all fun!

Tangos Treasures said...

LOL too funny!!

Lynn said...

LOL - that's what friends are for! Good job Barb!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Guilty? Absolutely...I'd convict you on that one...and lots of other gals who keep getting me into more and more trouble with sewing, quilting and machine embroidery. The good news is....we'd all love to be in the same prison!

Giggles,
Kelly

StitchinByTheLake said...

I have got to go look at Big Lots - I keep forgetting that you said they have fabric. :) blessings, marlene