Friday, February 12, 2016

WANNA DO!


Lately it seems like time is just flying by and every once in a while I get some time to myself

and this is what I do.  (oh come on...I know you do it too)

Between the piles of to do's on my ironing board, table, and yes, even piled on my longarm table.....
I try to sneak in some time to work on this quilt.

It is not a must do, it is just a wanna do.




Got out my Island Batik scraps and had at it.

A few weeks ago a friend posted a quilt similar to this one on my facebook page.  It kept needling at me, all the while I could see those awesome Island Batik fabrics made up into this quilt.

So.... in between sewing for Heaven Sent, family health issues, and other distractions I started this.

Yes, I know....don't need to start another project but well....the needling has stopped and I just love to sit for a few and do a few squares and now rows.  I think it is the fun colors that soothes my soul and makes me happy.

Enjoy your week-end!

7 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It's always fun to start something new. This looks like a fun project.

Wacky Woman said...

My guild is having an UFO challenge this year. You can be sure I entered it. I have so many UFOs, WIPs, PIGs, you name it.

Snoodles said...

It's therapy! At least, it is for me!

Rhonda said...

Love your Wanna Do quilt. I think we all have those times;-)

Karen in Breezy Point said...

In my opinion, Wanna Do Quilting is much more important than cleaning 😊!

Gene Black said...

I have so much I "wanna do" - but various things keep interrupting and I can't fit it all in.

Barbara said...

Eye-catching, Barb. It must be those awesome fabrics!