Thursday, October 8, 2015

ONLY A QUILTER OR SEAMSTRESS WILL UNDERSTAND

I have been looking forward to this one estate sale for weeks....  The day finally arrived.

I went looking for fabrics but didn't find any but.....

when I saw this machine....

and it was a Janome.. (Janome Class Mate S-750)

My heart went pitter patter.  It came with the stool as well.  Trust me, it was a steal!  I originally thought I would give this to my sons fiance but when I got this home.

Sat down and turned it on.

Made the first seam

The sound of this machine was love music to my ears.  Oh...if you sew you know what I am talking about!!

The feel of the foot and pedal was all I needed to know that this machine was going nowhere!


Maybe a little selfish?  

She can have the Necchi that I purchased a while back but this baby is mine!

Here are some feet.  Unfortunately I found only five feet that belong to this machine.


She had two other antique machines so maybe I should take her these remaining feet.  Some are for a pfaff....hummmm  The last two machines were 18.00 and 20 dollars...hummmm

So...can a person have too many machines?

Then I got this bag of zippers for a dollar...OH MY STINKING GOSH>>>ONE DOLLAR!!



Got this bobbin winder that was never used....
well....if you don't consider me playing with it??

What a great day for an estate sale....
and what a wonderful birthday!!!



23 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a wonderful score! :-)

Jocelyn said...

Wow! What a deal! Love to find great bargains, especially from someone who sewed.

Dolly said...

Ooh, YES, I understand ! What a haul !

Good for you, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! Might wanta hurry up and go get those other machines !

Wacky Woman said...

Oh I'n doing the happy dance with you and Happy Birthday song too!

Lynn said...

Totally understand! If the machine speaks to you then you must keep it. Looks like you got quite a bargain on everything.

Marie said...

What a wonderful day for you, I am excited for you and the great finds!!! Hugs, Marie

Quilt n Queen said...

Looks like you hit the jackpot Barb!! I have 5 Janome machines...when I upgraded I always kept the old ones. I love all my Janome machines. They are great machines. Happy stitching!!

Melinda said...

Great buys! I do understand about you keeping the machine - she will be happy with the other one.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Hey, good for you. Enjoy!

QuiltShopGal said...

You are such a great shopper and find the best deals. I'm sure the prior owner is absolutely thrilled that you will be having fun stitching on this machine. Nothing better than to know a sewing machine has found a loving home.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Gene Black said...

Nice deal! I love my Janome machines.

Missy Shay said...

Happy birthday! What a great deal, I would have been excited too!

AnnieO said...

Happy Birthday! Terrific shopping job :)

Annie said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you found your own perfect birthday gift. Nothing better than getting exactly what you want.

Linda said...

Ooh, sounds like fun to me! I love Janome machines. Nothing like finding something you like and can use too. Yes, I would keep this one and give the other one away. I have the regular bobbin winder and I have the bigger one for my quilting machine and I like both of them. You got some great bargains. Happy birthday and I hope you get lots more goodies too.

andsewon said...

Happy Birthday! Nice haul!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I understand, I understand!!! What great bargains and I can see why you would keep the machine for yourself! Happy Birthday!

Snoodles said...

Oh yes, we understand! Happy birthday and have fun! That is so exciting!

hetty said...

Good for you, Barb! Great buys. Happy Birthday and enjoy your Janome.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

What a great shopping day you had! As for too many machines? No way . . . A girl can never have enough. I have 17.

I had one of those bobbin winders but didn't like it. I returned it.

suemac said...

Wow. Just the cabinet alone is a steal.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What a score!!! Happy Birthday to YOU!! I have two machines now and I think I would jump for more at the right price. I love my bobbin winder too. I have a large zipper stash from ages ago. I am amazed how much they cost now. Lucky you to hit that sale!

Corrie said...

You scored! That's a good days work! Happy Belated.