Friday, May 15, 2015

INTERNATIONAL QUILT MARKET SPRING/SUMMER

A few months ago I showed you these awesome fabrics from Island Batik.  I had to wait to show any projects I did with the fabrics until today.




Those strip bundles just kept calling my name...
you know..
while you are sleeping.
While you are eating....
 While you are trying to other projects....

So answer the call..................

I must!!

This is samples of their Spring/Summer fabrics.


Aren't they gorgeous?  I did a simple rail fence with the large turtles as accents.  The turtle fabrics are from the Melon grouping of the Spring/Summer line.

12 comments:

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

What a great idea with the turtles! L

Snoodles said...

Barb, that is gorgeous! Makes me think of summer, and the ocean, and, and....oh gosh how I want to go to the beach. LOL

CyndyK said...

Very pretty! I love batiks and the turtles are a great idea.

Joanna said...

It is gorgeous. Beautiful fabric, great use of it, and nice job.

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh my I love it. I'm loving batiks more and more every time I see them.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great colors and love the turtles!

sewyouquilt2 said...

very pretty fabrics. always love rail fences and those turtles are nice. love it

hetty said...

OMG! I love it! The colours are fantastic. And your turtles are the best.

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful!

Gene Black said...

I love it. Of course you know that I love batiks anyway. Ha ha.

QuiltShopGal said...

What a cheerful quilt. Love how the turtles look with these beautiful batiks. Total #CreativeGoodness.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Missy Shay said...

I love those turtles, they make a simple pattern just pop!