Tuesday, March 24, 2015

WHAT ARE UFO'S GOOD FOR????

Saturday I was invited to a birthday get together for a friend.

What to take?

What to take?

It was already late in the day!

So...what does a gal do?  She goes and looks in her UFO pile,

that is what she does.

A few hours later!!



The birthday girl was thrilled!!! 

What was even better!!!  ONE UFO down!


Next is this Jelly roll race quilt.


Just needs a binding.  I have a few places where the machine refused to sew through some of the Samoan fabrics so I have to secure those places and then this will be done.

Happy Days!!

12 comments:

barbara woods said...

beautiful, i bet she was tickled

Wacky Woman said...

Excellent!

Needled Mom said...

It's amazing what you can get done with a few spare minutes. That jelly roll will be beautiful.

AnnieO said...

That is sew pretty! I love tablerunners

Gene Black said...

Ha ha... I am glad to know that I am not the only one who waits until the last minute to make a gift.

Terry said...

Thank goodness for UFOs!! :0)

QuiltShopGal said...

Great reason to finish a UFO. BTW - It looks beautiful, as does your Jelly Roll Race quilt. Great job.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Joanna said...

That was a nice gift. A win - win situation.

Scrappy quilter said...

Can I get on your birthday list. I love it! I can totally understand why the recipient liked it.

Snoodles said...

I've done that for baby showers, too. (Wink)

sandra said...

I bet your friend was tinkled pink. My UFO's are all big. Hope all is well with you Barb we haven't talked lately. Hugs Sandra

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Perfect use for a UFO! Love it!