Saturday, October 4, 2014

ZAPPY SCRAPPY STRIPY KIND OF DAY!

I showed you these strips that Island Batik sent to me and was trying to decide what to do with them.

Well...



What I didn't realize is that some of the strips were folded...which made 3 1/2" strips....changed the whole playing field.



Made a rail fence.  The outer purple border is from the fabric line "Strawberry Fields Forever"....just love this name Island Batik picked out for this line.

As I was sewing these strips together...I just kept saying to myself  "I just love Island Batiks...I just love Island Batiks"...as I was cutting them.



The last of the family blocks...    You can find this basket pattern here called"Basket of Chips"



You can find this pattern here  called "Love in a Mist"

I used my scraps from Island Batik for this block from the line of "Raindrops"...gosh I sure love the names they pick out for their fabric lines.  The white background is just some random scraps.

Since there were just two names left in our family we decided to just do the two blocks in one month....so I am done for the year....  Next year my niece will be in charge of what directions we go in this Family block of the month.



14 comments:

hetty said...

"I just love Island Batiks" Now you've got me saying it too!

Terry said...

Everything looks great, but I really love that last block! :0)

Wacky Woman said...

Beautiful Barbara!

Rhonda said...

I love Batiks.....all of them, it seems. Love your fence rail quilt.
What wonderful family blocks and a great idea!!

SewCalGal said...

You've been busy creating such beautiful things, with lovely fabric. What fun. Those Island Batik fabrics really look great together.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

You work fast, Barb, lovely batiks!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beatiful little quilt Barb and I'm like you........love Island Batik fabrics!

Gene Black said...

Great blocks, Barb. I love the "Love in a Mist" block particularly. It is probably the blue that I love. ;-)
The rail fence is a great "go to" classic design.

Quiltdivajulie said...

What happens to the family blocks?

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your blocks are beautiful. I'm thinking table toppers. How big is each block. That rail fence would make a perfect table topper. Love those fabrics.

Suzanne said...

I love the Mist block! How long have you been doing a family block project?

LJ said...

You are so prolific - great work! I feel for the Basket of Chips and appreciate the link to find the instructions. Thank you.

Needled Mom said...

Those batiks are just gorgeous. I love the colors.

Barbara said...

Awesome work!