Sunday, June 1, 2014

BETTER THAN CALGONE AND A HOT BATH

Better than a cone on a hot summers day!

Better than a chocolate bar and a move!

Well...you get the picture, there AIN"T nothing better than to get a few projects done and out of the sewing room!!!


I wan to hear no snickering in the back ground


I started this quilt about ten years ago in Missouri.

I didn't have the blanket stitch on my machine so I just used a decorative stitch on the baskets.
The vine around the border is all needle turn.
The quilt is all hand quilted except the border....I figured it would never get done if I just didn't take the machine to it.  so I did, and I played....did different feathers...just what ever.
I also used polyester batting....never again...never!!!  Maybe on a baby quilt but not on a quilt this size.

I have found other quilts that need the quilting but I think my machine has had it.  Broke my hopping foot and I think sometimes the bobbin is wound too tight (the pre wound ones)...sometimes I want to pull my hair out and other times things go like a dream.

I will start up again tomorrow.....

16 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It does feel great to finish up those older projects. Isn't it amazing how quickly the years pass? It looks terrific, Barb.

paulette said...

Yahoo...and pretty finish it is too!! I hear you on the machine front!! I hope she starts purring and soon!! NOTHING more frustrating!!
P

Missy Shay said...

I love your quilt! I'm sorry about your hopping foot!

Jean said...

You are a finishing fiend this week! Go girl, go girl!

Gene Black said...

Hmmm.. I am not sure about that! I had some lovely French Vanilla ice cream with Nutella last evening - that could be on par with finishing a project. Ha ha - not really.

Rhonda said...

Yes! You can do anything.....you have "girl power"

Lesley said...

Congrats on a wonderful finish! It is so pretty!

Barbara said...

You are miles ahead of me in finishes! Hopping foot? Mine must be lazy, only walks.

Wendy said...

I guess we can give you the title of "Quilting Queen of Finishes" this week...goodness you have been a very busy lady!:)

suemac said...

I wasn't even quilting 10 years ago. My oldest quilt has been quilted and all I need to do is put on the binding. Have not made it yet.

barbara woods said...

My. Bobbins winds to loose

onlymehere said...

It feels great doesn't it?! I just put the sleeves on two small quilts to hang in my sewing room. I kept trying to save money to get some wood quilt hangers and finally decided to just sew on the dang sleeves and be done with it! Now to get them hung....to be continued!

Anonymous said...

Looks good, but, then, don't all finished projects?!

Wacky Woman said...

Good on you Barb. Nice you are getting them knocked out!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Well, I don't know about better than chocolate, but I bet it does feel good to get some of those UFOs done. So sorry about your hopping foot. How did you do that? I've never used those pre wound bobbins. I've heard others have had problems, but then a friend here swears by them. I guess it is just our temperamental machines! Good luck getting it fixed.

JJ said...

you are on a roll, way to go. I have a jean quilt I need to get tyed by the end of the week but dont know if it will happen. My hands havent been working so well lately.