Saturday, August 24, 2013

LAUNDRY IS ALWAYS FREE AT MOM'S HOUSE!

My son came home the other day to do his laundry. Here is a picture of the laundry bag I made him about five six years ago. I was surprised to see that he was still using it. Here is a laundry bag I made from the measurements.... This truly is the easiest laundry bag ever!!!

Here is a laundry bag I made up from the measurements of my son's Navy Laundry bag. His laundry bag was just a white mesh (not mess) and so I decided to make something us gals might like to carry over our shoulders.


 His Navy bag also didn't have a draw string....

Then while I was making up this laundry bag the thought came to me.....to make a Laundry Wall hanging.

 I can't wait to hang this in my laundry room.  I was even thinking it would be great for a dryer runner.  Now you are thinking Dryer What????

I have had several (two) dryers rust in spots on top because of the laundry soap. 

No where to put the laundry soap but on top of the dryer.  Besides wouldn't this be cute there?

For the time we were in Virginia I had a beautiful towel Betsy from Fiesta made for me and every time I saw it I would first think of Betsy and then just admired it.  So think about it....not such a bad idea.  At that time I was trying to protect the dryer because it was not ours and it already had rust spots on it.


So what do you think is it worth it to drive to mom's house to do laundry?   It is always free with a batch of cookies.

15 comments:

Barbara said...

Sure, it's worth it! They get to see Mom too. :)

suemac said...

Love your laundry bag. When my son lived up here in Austin he was over once a week doing laundry. It helped that he lived just across the parking lot from me. He did not have a snazzy bag though.

beaquilter said...

You need a TIP jar :)

Betsy said...

Barb great idea for the laundry room. Why not a dryer runner. You could coordinate it to the wall hanging. I like your idea. Go for it.

Needled Mom said...

Heck yes!!!!! Plus you get to visit with Mom. I like the idea of the little quilt for the top of the machine.

Pokey said...

Sounds like a deal, to go to Mom's! Your project for your own laundry is adorable. Hey, my dryer is usually covered with a towel and folded laundry, so why not a cute runner, makes sense to me ~
:-}pokey

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Very fun idea! I am on the way. Laundry and cookies, what a deal!

Snoodles said...

Yep, the price is right, according to my kids....and no one else does such a great job of fluff and fold! LOL

Marie said...

I like the idea of having something on my dryer for just the reasons you posted. Great idea! Where are you moving this time, wish it was closer to me! Hugs, Marie

hetty said...

Free laundry and cookies? I'll be right over.

Gene Black said...

Love the bag. I think I need to make a dryer runner!

Freddie said...

I like the idea of charging for laundry :-). Maybe I should charging for laundry. Mind you at 8 and 9 they are probably a little too young.
Love the green fabric you used.

Unknown said...

Well, there you have it....the cookies get them there every time! Love the little dryer runner, great idea. Cute laundry bags! You go girl!

Wacky Woman said...


Absolutely, always worth a trip to Mom's house

Deanna said...

Sometimes I think laundry was invented to remind them it is time to come home.