Wednesday, May 8, 2013

PATTERN MAKING WITH TOMBOW

I signed up to join Tombow in "100 Days of Tombow" program through sewcalgal.
Which in turn will result in 100.00 product donation to the Council of  Arts Education!!

This is what I received in the mail.....ooooo la la!!!



The markers are my favorite.  They slide and glide.  Dual Brush Pens.

So this morning I went on a quest to find more of these pens and  pencils....  Went to Michaels (their website has them but the store does not).  Went to Office Depot....nope!!  Went to JoAnn's .....again nothing.  I was so disappointed because I want some bright markers....you heard me BRIGHT!!  

What is wrong people....these are great products, why are you not carrying them in your store????

Great for Stamp booking, will try that later....
I used this Stamp runner (tape)...and I really like it because the ones I have used before don't cut off easily, you have strands, you have breakage....this just went right over the area I wanted...I had to join these two pieces of paper together.
So, while I was on the quest for TOMBOW and before I started doing this pattern.  I got the phone call that we had a death in the family.

So while I wait I have all of this nervous energy.  So I decided to make a purse for my niece, maybe this will cheer her up some?  Least ways, I am hoping.

So....I will show you the pattern process, mine anyways.  Not very professional but it works.

Got the black Tombow pen (okay...had to change directions, using brown to match the purse in case some gets on the purse).
Tracing around the purse....okay....I warned you that I am not a professional....just a little sloppy.
Need some pockets
writing what I need
more of what I need


I think that about does it... I do love these pens and in fact, I think they are my favorite out of all my pens and will be using them in all of my pattern making adventures.

Yes, the fabric you see is the fabrics I am going to use.  I got this fabric from my mother when I was there last week.

More later, I will be sewing for right now.

Thanks Tombow for allowing me in on your "100 Days of Tombow"







8 comments:

Maxwells said...

Are they good for scripture marking?

Lesley said...

Looks like you are going to be very busy! New markers remind me of when we were children and received a new box of crayola crayons!

Cindy said...

Never heard of the Tombow pens....interesting
Sorry about your sad news, Barb. My hugs..

sandra said...

Hi Barb long time no see or hear, I thought you were just busy with your quilt. What is Tombow about I have never heard of it.

vivian said...

I read Tombow as Tebow! Sorry about the death in the family-my thoughts and prayers are with your family.

SewCalGal said...

Very sorry about your sad news.

Beautiful purse.

I have spotted a few Tombow brush pens in my local JoAnns, but they have a large supply online. Some local scrapbooking stores also carry them. Maybe Tombow needs to open a chain of neighborhood craft stores. That could be fun!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Needled Mom said...

I am so sorry to read about the death in the family, Barb. I can imagine what a difficult and emotional time it has been for your family. My prayers go out to all.

Rhonda said...

Greetings Barb. Just a note to let you know that you're the winner of the "Tropical Fish" at Ravelly1's!!
Congratulations!!!