Saturday, July 24, 2010

QUILTERS DON'T NEED A REASON TO DO CHARITY

they just do it for the love of quilting and the compasion in their hearts.

But over at Love Bug Studios, Ebony is giving away a Go cutter. One of the requirements for points is doing pillow cases or quilts for charity. This gal doesn't need a cutter, we all know that but I have a sister that does......she needs one bad...bad...bad. I could go into reasons why she needs one but I won't.

So......since I got up at 2 this morning...yes two.....pooey, where is Mr. Sandman, won't he pay me a visit?

I cut out 14 pillow cases for my sister's cause, here they are....

here are the scraps. Why am I showing you the pillow cases and scraps before I sew them.....it is real simple. We all know that when the tsunami came so many of my awesome quilting buddies sent me tons of pillowcases and supplies ..... I just want everyone to know that I do not have any of those pillowcases and that my intergrity is in tact...and here it is to prove it.


more before pictures....


So my husband comes in my room at six this morning, he looks at me, looks at the floor...yes, those are pillowcases (will wash them)....and say..."Are you on Crack?"..... I just laughed...didn't know what he ment until I saw the floor and what it looked like to him to see his wife up sewing like a mad woman and a pile on the floor.



Here are the finished ones......




more.....love the Samoan fabrics.... 14 pillowcases, and more to come....I want to fill that box, don't want to waste the postage....my postal bills have been outrageous.....so I want to get the biggest bang for the buck.


If you want to look at the Go cutters and the dies, go to www.accuquilt.com.




11 comments:

Ebony Love said...

Looks really fabulous Barb! Don't forget Jeanette has to make something too for these points to count. I'll go ahead and add them now as I know she was planning to...

Susan Entwistle said...

I just saw all the new dies coming out. 'Old Time Favorites'. You think you aren't sleeping now? Just you wait :)

Pat said...

Very nice pillowcases you have made!

Unknown said...

Wow, you are a whirlwind!!!

Unknown said...

they look awesome....I love homemade pillowcases and you really went nuts....it must be those macadamia nuts kicking in......

JustCindy said...

Very bright pillowcases, I like that.

sewfunquilts said...

You are a wonderful sister! Great pillowcases and great for you to do that. Good luck to her.

PaTcHwOrK jEnN said...

Awesome pillowcases Barb. She is very lucky to have you as a sister.

Sandy said...

You are a wonderful sister! and friend and I too am making pillowcases for your sister!! I sure hope she wins, fondly, Sandy

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your pillowcase look wonderful! I struggled with the first couple I made but now I love to make them. They're so quick and easy for a fun gift.

Unknown said...

hey, that explains it...that's why your not sleeping......YOU ARE ON CRACK!