Monday, March 8, 2010

FABRIC JUNKIE

So we all know that Fabric Junkies don't like to hit up the stash alone.....

so we try to entice others to join us.....


just try it....

just this once...

it won't hurt...

well.....my friend Krista tried it just once. You have seen some of her creations in the past. (I didn't even have to entice her with free fabric...HA!)

Here are a few more



Don't you just love the Samoan fabrics...oh yes.....it feels good too....
She blames me for her addiction....

I have broad shouders....(my husband says that her husband is going to stop her from playing with me.....bad influence....you should see the fabric she has collected...ummmm ummmmmm good).


This next one is a kalidascope quilt, she borrowed my ruler and just went to town. Now mind you....she just started this probably Friday...she is one fast sower.



If these quilts don't spark creativity, I don't know what will...she is amazing and an amazing friend as well.

Oh....by the way free jelly roll pattern find out how you can get it here!

27 comments:

JustCindy said...

What beautiful fabric!

luv2quilt2 said...

The fabrics in these two quilts is just gorgeous. The first one is out of this world!!

Shari said...

These quilts are so eye-catching - just love the fabrics... congratulations for a new quilter!

Gene Black said...

I have to try my Kaleidoscope ruler again and see if I can get my block to lie flat.

Pat said...

I need to do a kaleidoscope quilt someday. The Samoan fabric quilt your friend made is in my favorite colors....does she want to give it to ME??? hehehehe

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow!! They are both awesome!! If your a bad influence, I wanna hang with you!!

Betsy said...

Great designs and fabric choices by Krista. Thanks for sharing Barb.

Terry said...

Those are gorgeous!! I love the fabrics in the first one! :0)

Needled Mom said...

Those are wonderful quilts. The fabrics are fabulous.

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful fabric! So many fun things I could make with it too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Susan In Texas said...

Yes, that's right, Barb. We're evil and we must be stopped. lol Not! It's fun to promote fabric addiction. 8) I think you've done your friend a favor. Look at the beautiful things she's making now. And you got her hooked. 8)

Happy quilting,
Susan

Unknown said...

i love that first one, she has a great teacher

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh she does beautiful work. and the colors are just gorgeous!!

Jean said...

You are definitely a bad influence, but I already knew that! lol

Rhonda said...

What stunning quilts.....that fabric is fab!!!

Pokey said...

These are both pretty, great fabrics. She IS fast!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Barb, you are such a good friend to get a friend hooked on fabric. Two friends can get in twice as much trouble when it comes to fabric. Her quilts are great.

Janet said...

Ther'e a colour scheme idea that I haven't considered before so It's great to see how they work in a quilt. Loved the last post which I nearly missed.

Rumi said...

Yes! Love Samoan fabric! Great looking quilts. You are the best kind of bad influence!

Joanne Lendaro said...

LOVE the fabrics!! And you tell her husband that a person can NEVER have too many friends. And you do play nice....

Anonymous said...

I like the kaleidoscope quilt a lot!

Jan said...

Beautiful quilts! The fabric just sings!

Crispy said...

Such lovely quilts!! The best part of having a friend with a hefty stash is sometimes you get to raid it LOL.

Crispy

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Beautiful quilts! :-)

Unknown said...

Oh, you bad, bad girl! What a 'bad' influence you are....and look what resulted!!! Fabulous colors, fabulous quilts, fabulous teacher! The colors remind me of the Samoan water...not that I have seen it, just a guess. Thanks for sharing!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

WoW! Krista did a great job! I love the kaleidoscope quilt!

Unknown said...

they are both awesome! you are a good influence I think....remind the husbands that you both could have worse habits......